Monday, February 4, 2013

NEW PROJECT: Hover Bike

BlakJak13's fantastic Blood Eagle Kitash

I was giving thought to breaking out a few of my older, "boxed up and growing old in the dark" figures and doing some sort of kitbash with them. My first choice was going to be doing a revamp of my DaJoint Zero Metal figure. The original plan was to sell it off, but bashing it seemed like it would be far more entertaining now that I don't really have a budget for figure purchases anymore. (Especially seeing that the one's I tend to gravitate towards are usually $230 or more....) However, after I saw BlakJak13's Blood Eagle bash, I hatched a new plan.




BlakJak13 used a Ducati cycle and the GI JOE SIGMA SIX DRAGONHAWK toy and did the fantastic bash shown above.
(You can see more here: http://s139.beta.photobucket.com/user/BlakJak13/library/Blood%20Eagle)

VERY cool and real looking. I even had the Dargonhawk at one point, but I gave it away. However, I did have a cycle and was ok chopping it up, so...OFF I GO!

Instead of the fans, I'm going for straight jets. This will give the overall look a smaller profile and more of a science fiction / fantasy feel. I'm thinking something along the lines of the ever awesome MÅ“bius ( Jean Giraud R.I.P. ) illustrations.

I'm also planning to wire it up for lights using my Japanese N Scale lighting box - Tomytec, I believe. The box contains the batteries and has six or so strands of wires with a little LED light at the end of each. I also plan to snag some fiber optic wire so I can rig one of the LEDs to branch into several smaller pinpoint lights at various spots on the bike. The headlights and main jet engines will light up. I'll use painted plastic sheeting to tint the light coming from the jets.

I plan to use the CY GIRL DESTINY  figure for the rider and might even try to rig something so that her Gatling Gun can be mounted onto the side of the bike. I think that'd be a scream! :) (Kinda has to happen, actually)



The overall starting point is simple enough. Pop the wheels off of the bike I'm using for a base. Maybe raise the handlebars up a bit. The lightbox will sit in the back under the rider. I'll have to allow for access to the panel where the batteries are stored and the ON/OFF switch, of course, but I think I can make it work.   I also want to have a little asymmetric thing going. The addition of the gun on one side will help with that. 

Lastly, I'll use parts from a forgotten about ZOIDS Scorpion model I never built to pump up the sci fi angle and give me a little more cool detail to work with.

I've been watching MANY Japanese GUNPLA and PLAMO tutorials of late ( http://sl-blag.blogspot.com/2007/11/gunpla-tutorial-videos.html ) and the time and effort put into making models that these artists put in was SO inspiring! They are true artists. I hope to take some of the painting and detailing knowledge from the videos and apply them to this project.

Stay tuned!

<><>

No comments:

Post a Comment