Sunday, April 18, 2010

Black Lagoon: Cutoffs for Revy

I started to work on the cutoff shorts for Revy based off of some standard male jeans and was doing rather well for a while. I made some small cuts at first to get things rolling, then started to shape the leg openings and style them.

When I got the base worked out, I started to notice something. The fit of the jeans was off at the crotch and it wasn't fitting tightly like it should. I wasn't sure what I was going to do to fix it, but after sitting with it a moment I came up with a plan of action.


















Sewing! :) I just snipped the center setion to open them up, pinned the crotch where I wanted it to fit, then sewed it at that spot. Now, don't get my wrong - I have NO idea what I'm doing save some classes in high school and remembered conversations with an old girlfriend who did a lot of sewing. But, it wasn't that tough and it turned out like I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment