Saturday, February 7, 2015

Snow Corporation


Oh....my......gawd. :)

This guy is not only an amazing artist, but he's a super nice gent as well. Offered to look at my 1/6th scale project and give me pointers if I was interested.

His work has an attention to detail and style that just melts my brain when I look at it. A friend said, Check this guy out. It will either inspire you greatly or will make you stop trying altogether! heheeheh  I'm inspired for sure.

Check out the work here:  (More samples below)

http://www.1-6th.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Snow-Corporation/161889887278934

He's bashing some items that are big ticket items as well. $200+ dollar figures and $300+ vehicles. Part of me was shocked at the use of these figures, but seeing the results, it makes sense that this guy has no fear about the ruining of a figure - he's Master status for sure.

The weathering and detail is something I aspire to. I've taken a few passes at this to date, but nothing that comes close to these items. I'm not bashing myself for it - I just need more experience and practice. It's grand to see what could be. I'm eager to jump in and give it a go myself. ((And, happy that I didn't sell all my 1/6th scale figures in my last toy sell off! hehehehe

I think I might give a villain a go, then I'll jump back into my hover cycle project. I think think I'll go as rusted as Snow goes, but I'll definitely make things look worn.


HOT TOYS CATWOMAN body



Yes, that's the KANEDA AKIRA cycle - ripped up and retooled expertly




No comments:

Post a Comment