Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Hoverbike update - March 3rd, 2020







The ladies have gotten some work done on the hoverbike! :::grin::::



Loving the MILLIPUT product!!! Works like it says on the tin. It's a two part putty product that is nice and sticky to hold parts together, but then it drys rock hard in about three hours. Thanks again to Dorgmal Snow for the heads up on this product! https://www.facebook.com/dorgmal  It's been the base for things through my whole process and I actually plan on using a lot more to finish things off this week.





I had plans on building out the hover sections with styrene, but I think I'm going to mostly use Milliput with my additions and battery pack instead of a lot of styrene cutting. And, seeing as weight isn't a problem, I'm not worried about the additional putty weighing it down.




I'm using one of my N scale lighting packs to light it up as well.







And saving small drink bottles and bits of plastic is a great way to add some details to your projects! :)





So, it only took six or so years to get to this point. hehehehe . Now I'm excited to finish, but also want to make sure I'm not being too slap-dash with things. Sections like the tubes above and the putty I slapped on will be covered up with some details to make it look less sloppy. The Devil's in the details.  I really want to detail this up once the main part of the bike is finished. Little bits stacked on to make it look a bit more sci fi.

ONWARD!

Comments welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment